Thursday, June 10, 2010

Reality Check

Sometimes the constant blaring of celebrity gossip shows and cable "news" punditry can whip us into frenzies over a whole range of issues that just don't matter.  And then a single article can slice through the din like a razor.  Such was the effect of this New York Times article about North Korea.  I strongly recommend you read the article in its entirety.  It affected me powerfully.  I like studying political systems, but I'm not even interested in the academic comparison of Socialism to Capitalism after reading this.  All I want to do is gather my family around me and thank God for them, and that we're free to argue over whether to grill bratwurst or hamburgers this summer (Answer:  both).   

2 comments:

  1. I have a few cousins that punch in to work, then take off for the rest of the day. Are we that far off from N. Korea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and here I was feeling tired and overworked this week. thanks for helping to put that into perspective! my heart hurts now.

    ReplyDelete

I find the puniness of your thoughts entertaining. Leave them here.