Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Christmas Vacation

Just a few pics from some of my activities over Christmas break that I forgot I took. First up, a trip to the Denver Natural History Museum with my sister and her friend to see the Genghis Khan exhibit.  Tickets were for scheduled start times, so we enjoyed some of the other sights at the museum while we waited.  I was very excited to see the actual Khan exhibit, but ultimately it let me down.  It was more of an exhibit on ancient and modern Mongolian life, less about Genghis.  Which made it interesting, but disappointing.  The company was good, though.


















Next up, I went to the Denver Botanic Gardens to catch the Christmas light displays.  I always enjoy this excursion.  It's very laid back, generally very cold, and they have good hot chocolate in the cafe at the end of the trail.  This year I went with a friend who managed to coax me into a conversation about all the things that are wrong with me. We ended up closing the place down.  Smooth.  Anyway.

 
And of course, we had our annual Rummy game(s), where it seemed like I managed to lose every game we played.  I got destroyed by my loving siblings.  Even mom likes to rub it in when she administers a beating.  Ty's daughter, Calli, got a hold of a flashlight and began conducting examinations.  She's either gonna be a great dentist or a great cop when she grows up.


And here is a grab bag of some of the better shots I captured on my new camera.  Enjoy:
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I find the puniness of your thoughts entertaining. Leave them here.