So without further ado, I give you Tobias Funke, analrapist.

And in case you had your doubts about my committment to the character, nevernude shorts were in play. It's a good thing I'm such a fan of nakedness. Otherwise this would have been awkward. And for those who are unfamiliar with Arrested Development, the unpainted ring around the waist was intentional.
This costume was actually, by my standards, a late breaking idea. Normally, I'm planning my costumes around March so I have time to track down and assemble all of the items, and also so I can string out the costs over the course of months. I had been planning a full-on luchadore getup this year, but costs started getting prohibitive when I started adding in the boots and tassled wrist greaves. I had bought these shorts for a race I ran in September, but didn't end up wearing them to race. I did try them on at home, though, and when my roommate saw them, he asked if I was being Tobias for Halloween. In a matter of 0.7 seconds, my answer went from "Gee, I'd never thought of that," to "Yes. Yes I am."
Despite the warm reception it received at the party, I'm afraid this will not be a repeat costume. In terms of effort-to-payoff ratio, it was too low. Painting the entire body is messy, time consuming, and uncomfortable. I spent the whole night trying not to touch walls and people. I couldn't get no hugs from all the pretty ladies. Riding in the car was a mess, and cleaning the body paint off at the end of the night took forever. What can I say? Lesson learned, I guess.
Despite the warm reception it received at the party, I'm afraid this will not be a repeat costume. In terms of effort-to-payoff ratio, it was too low. Painting the entire body is messy, time consuming, and uncomfortable. I spent the whole night trying not to touch walls and people. I couldn't get no hugs from all the pretty ladies. Riding in the car was a mess, and cleaning the body paint off at the end of the night took forever. What can I say? Lesson learned, I guess.
thanks for posting, Travis! no one can accuse you of not committing to your art! and awesome mustache. :)
ReplyDelete"Who wants a banger in the mouth? O I forget here in the states you call it a sausage in the mouth." All I can say is great minds think alike! But yours blue me away.
ReplyDeleteI can just taste the meaty leading man parts in my mouth.
ReplyDeleteI hope your pick up line for the night was, "Do these shorts effectively hide my thunder?" Uncanny resemblence, by the way.
ReplyDelete