Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Don't you wish your mom was bomb like mine?
My mom is quite possibly the bombest in all the land. In the wake of my GMAT meltdown, the first person I texted was my mom. And my distressed/enraged texts must have left a powerful impression. Today as I approached my building after work, I saw a package on the stoop out front. I bent to see who it was addressed to, never thinking it could be me. Right there on the mailing label was a note for all the world to read, "Thinking of you in this hard time. This too will pass. I love you. Mom." I'm positive that every UPS man that handled that package and every person that walked past my building today saw that note and wished they had my mom. Even as I write this, I am snacking on chocolate covered pretzels and carmel corn. Someone's getting a Guns N' Roses box set for Christmas. I love you back, mom. You're the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your mom is da bomb! But are you sure she wouldn't rather have the Lil Wayne boxed set? I'm just sayin.
ReplyDeleteyour mom is da bomb!! I guess that's the difference between mom and sister... I only talked about sending you something; she followed through! I do love you, though, and think you're amazing and wonderful and smart! :)
ReplyDeleteRight up to about half way through that post I was SURE it was going to involve your mom mailing you an explosive device.
ReplyDeleteI haven't gotten any packages in the mail lately, but her Sunday dinners are something to look forward to!
ReplyDelete