Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Playin' With the Boys

So apparently the action film director Tony Scott has been hanging out with Sylvester Stallone and George Lucas a bit too much lately.  Last night I was disappointed to learn from Dirty Harry that Scott is on board for a new Top Gun movie.  This idea couldn't get worse with a script from VH1's I Love the 80's crew and a working title of "Maverick's Lost That Lovin' Feeling."  Why must Hollywood tamper with our childhood memories like this?  Just like Rocky Balboa.  Just like Rambo 4.  Just like Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Deuce.  Just like FREAKING STAR WARS!!!  (In which Natalie Portman did indeed suck). This is bound to suck.  How in the world does Scott intend to recapture this, the most magical scene in the history of cinema (sorry for the Italian dubbing):


I'm pretty sure that's the scene that turned the tide for George Michael.  

1 comment:

  1. Even more sexually ambivalent in Italian.

    My coworkers and I have had a months long debate on who the 2011 equivalent of Kenny Loggins is...

    ReplyDelete

I find the puniness of your thoughts entertaining. Leave them here.