Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Following In The Distinguished Footsteps of Danny Zuko

The waiting game is over.  No more uncertainty.  No more self-mortification about not yet hearing from my #1 choice.  No more weighing the relative importance of proximity to family vs. strength of program.  All of that is finished.

That's right, folks.  Today I received my acceptance to Thunderbird School of Global Management.  I'm a T-Bird.  Plan B is now in full motion.

And in a way, I'm a little bit shocked.  I'm a seasoned veteran of the grad school admissions wars, going back to the Law School Massacres of aught-five and aught-six.  So I'm more familiar with post-rejection stress disorder than with post-acceptance euphoria syndrome.  I'm not sure how I should be reacting right now.  Should I be swinging from the chandelier?  Should I be dancing across the hoods of cars?  Should I be engaging in public intoxication/urination/osculation? 

What I want to do is dig a pit and build a bonfire on the west lawn of the Capital and roast a goat. I want to do a naked pagan dance around the fire for three days while a band of midgets accompanies me on harmonicas and electric guitars with a wash-tub percussion section.  And at the end of three days, my dance will tear a hole in the sky and it will weep down great sheets of ethereal joy on my display of gratitude.  When the rain has ceased and the fire is extinguished, I will lay in the mud, watching the steam rising off my body, slowly snaking to the sky, homeward bound.

And I will contemplate how I'm going to pay for this.  You think they accept roasted goat as payment?   

5 comments:

  1. that's freakin' awesome!! and totally deserved. congratulations, my brutha. I love you and can't wait to see you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so........sweet dood, congrats.

    okay, so does this mean you move to arid-zona, or is this an online- 'distance' degree? is it a tough school to get into? so many questions......

    but the main thing is roasted goat is great. i've never had any, but you make it sound sooooo good, it must be good. let me know how it turns out.

    and congrats congrats congrats. happyness and joy and student loan debt forgiveness to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Good for you buddy. Is it a talking goat? Happy mosh pitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is awesome - a new adventure.
    Surely there is a way to get the government to pay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um what?? So, I'm slow but where is all this thunderbird action taking place?
    Sincerely,
    Confused

    ReplyDelete

I find the puniness of your thoughts entertaining. Leave them here.